Possible characters; Such a tough decision I lay with. I have been thinking about the pro's and con's to having a fictitious character or not...
- Easy to depict and illustrate someone else's story/thoughts
- Can add stories to the character, make up extras to fit their style
- May not find enough material
- Need to find an interesting character with a 'diary-like' story
- If I am not basing it on a TV/film character, may be too much to invent a completely new person and their life
- May make the journal have more of a REAL feel if it's about me or a friend
- Too broad perhaps?
- Need an interesting storyline and not sure i'll find one. Fiction has more imagination.
- May be difficult to find someone who doesn't mind getting too personal, including myself?!
I think it would probably make more sense to base this journal on a fictitious character because at least it could be more imaginative... even with everyday routines. I think there needs to be some spark somewhere, eventually anyway.
Like, if I based it on me.. well, there is nothing that interest happening to me lately... I go to uni, come home, do work, eat, watch TV and sleep. Hardly a mind-blowing lifestyle.
So I need to think about who I could base this on. I have a few things in mind. There are a handful of TV shows that I am obsessed with, and they also involve characters that I relate too and sometimes think 'that has SO happened to me' or 'I thought exactly the same.'
So another way of going about it could be to use a character from a show, and portray them as my alter ego perhaps? I quite like that idea.
Off to browse.